The units ensure drying and heating of iron ladles of various capacity and design and with various lining of both discrete (brick) and monolithic types. Drying and heating are performed in an automated mode by diagrams (temperature conditions), developed individually for each type of lining.
Modern ladle linings have excellent operational characteristics, but their full realization necessitates compliance with strict requirements for temperature conditions of ladles. It is especially important to properly dry the new lining, for failure to comply with the established conditions leads to cracking and chipping of fragments of the lining, reducing its service life, and for certain types of lining the noncompliance with drying conditions can lead to its disrepair.
|The use of the Jet Technologies’ iron ladle lining drying and heating units substantially increases the durability of the lining through ensuring the optimum temperature conditions, including ladle drying modes. . |
The Jet Technologies’ iron ladle lining drying and heating units allow to:
· realize diagrams of any complexity (piecewise linear and nonlinear);
· ensure the implementation of long ladle drying modes that last several days;
· ensure the implementation of rapid heating of ladles, lasting no less than 1 hour.
Thereto, at all stages of working through the diagram the unit observes all requirements for the speed of temperature increase (decrease), thermostating (observance of the required periods of exposures at given temperatures), as well as ensures even drying and heating of the whole ladle lining.
Drying and heating are achieved through the use of the thermal energy of the burners at the temperature measured by thermocouples. Temperature measurement can be realized either on the basis of thermoelectric converters or on the basis of infrared pyrometers. The process of drying and heating can be switched to manual control when necessary.
The lining of the cover is made with special technology from modern refractory fiber materials or refractory concrete. The service life of the cover lining, without intermediate repairs, is less than 1 year and may reach 2-4 years if operated properly.
The unit control system is designed on the basis of a programmable industrial controller.
The units’ robust construction ensures long service life with minimal technical servicing.
The units are made to meet the requirements and manufacture characteristics of the client.
Possible configurations of iron ladle drying and heating units:
- Drying units, heating units, drying and heating units.
- Vertical and horizontal. Depending on the position of the ladle in the unit. Horizontal version is typically used to combine manufacturing operations, such as ladle heating and preparation of slide mechanisms.
- Stationary and mobile. The unit can be moved to the ladle, mounted on a stationary platform, or the ladle can be moved to the unit on a special car.
- The units may include systems of heat recovery.
- Various types of fuels may be used (natural gas, a mixture of natural, coke and blast furnace gas, diesel fuel, etc.);
The use of our iron ladle drying and heating units ensures the following technical and economic effects:
- Reduction of thermal losses during tapping of iron in the iron ladle. Achieved through extensive heating of the lining to the temperatures of 1100-1200 ˚ C
- Refractory saving. Achieved through a significant increase in the refractories’ service life as a result of drying and heating of the ladle in strict conformity with the recommendations of the lining manufacturer, which prevents the lining from cracking and chipping.
- Reduction of natural gas consumption. Achieved through the optimized gas-dynamic characteristics of the torch, uniform heat exchange across the inner surface of the iron ladle and optimum factors of heat emission at all stages of drying and high temperature heating of the ladle. Achieved by using heat recovery of the flue gases
- Reduction of energy consumption. Achieved through optimization of the process, resulting in reduced power consumption and the actual operating time of the units of power consumption. Quality drying and heating of ladle lining prevents the chipped off lining pieces from getting into the iron.
to production catalog